The Trade - by Larry Yarrington

This from Psalm 139: 
"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful,I know that full well.My frame was not hidden from youwhen I was made in the secret place.When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,your eyes saw my unformed body.All the days ordained for mewere written in your bookbefore one of them came to be."
I am not a fatalist, in that I take care to eat right and exercise, use proper hygiene, take medicine for improved control of diabetes, etc. In this time of pandemic, I am careful to limit myself going out to what is necessary and use lots of sanitizer when I do. But I also believe my days a numbered. The only thing the Bible says in regard to changing that is to respect my parents. Too late for that one. I tired but often failed in the arrogance of youth.
I believe I was wonderfully made as we all are. Probably, it is more productive and life giving to live life fully without fear and anxiety. Stress ruins the immune system, which makes me more susceptible to disease. Because the Lord made me, I believe He has a wonderful purpose for my life. My life has a destiny, which will not be over until the Lord takes me from this mortal coil. My faith tells me that life doesn't end when I leave behind this physical body. When I was made, He breathed into me the breath of life and ordained all of my days. My person will live on for eternity.
I shall not live in panic for the Lord watches over me and nothing can happen to me outside His will for my life. So I trade in stress for peace because I know who holds my future.



Author:  Larry Yarrington


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perseverance 2.0 by Susan Yarrington

Life is a Trek with Purpose and Meaning - by Larry Yarrington

Plant your Pinecones by Jamie Palmesano