The First Day of Spring - by Carly Mainland

The first day of spring.
The seasons have always been really symbolic to me... experiential imagery that God has used again and again to remind me to trust Him through the changes, to believe He is at work in the hard seasons, to have faith beyond what I can see and touch right now.
Last year there was a period of time where for months I just wasn’t sure if I was ever going to be okay again. And then, just like God does, a reassurance came over me that I was going to be okay. That there was no guarantees about difficulties but that I could be okay no matter what. This assurance, this feeling, this deepening of my faith that I can only attribute to His work of showing me my need for hope in the eternal, it occurred very tangibly on this day last year, on the first day of spring.
And I’m reminded, as we’re buried in this fog, in what feels like maybe just the beginning of a long winter, I’m reminded to trust Him, despite a complete and utter lack of guaranteed outcomes right now- most of us can barely see past today as new updates and restrictions keep rolling out... I’m reminded that spring is coming, that this season will end, and even though we have no idea who we will be or what we will have when it’s all over, we have One we can trust, who never changes, who can use the seasons for our good, for His glory... and a promise to redeem it all, ALL that has been lost, either here on this earth, or in eternity.
What a Hope we have in Jesus.
If you don’t know Him, what better time to know this Hope?


Author: Carly Mainland

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perseverance 2.0 by Susan Yarrington

Life is a Trek with Purpose and Meaning - by Larry Yarrington

Plant your Pinecones by Jamie Palmesano